Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Apples, apples and more apples!!

So last week when I made apple dumplings my Greek neighbor, Albert, happened to stop over and I sent him home with an apple dumpling. He had never had one and showed up at our door an hour later with stars in his eyes asking me how I make them and what kind of apples I use. Fast forward to yesterday..... about 1:00pm the doorbell goes off and it's Albert with a case, yes a case, of 100 Granny Smith apples! He owns a local diner and asked his vendor to get him a case. I was shocked! He didn't want money for them and his only request is that I teach the girls how to make apple dumplings one day. Soooo, guess what I'm doing today? I pulled out my largest crock pot and filled it with apples for sauce and I have a double batch of apple crisp cooking away in the oven. He's never had apple crisp either so I'll be sending a batch over to him later. So now I only have 50 apples in my fridge, lol. Hmmm, I wonder what I'll make tomorrow!

1 comments:

Tiffany Lockette said...

Yummy, stop that....your making me hungry!! LOL